Monday, July 12, 2004

Getting the fall jones already . . .

It is so hot. It is this time of year I get sick of the heat and just want to see the leaves turn.

It is hot and dry and gross out there and the last thing I want to do is get in that f%&*ing Cutlass with the black interior.
I found out today that the car I LOVE (white BMW convertible with a straight six and red leather interior) has 185 thousand miles on it. But a stack of service receipts like a phone book. Wondering if it's worth it. Red leather interior. Straight six. Convertible. It might be worth it . . .

Watched Meet the Press the other day and a poll stated that only 38 percent of Americans think that Cheney would be a good president. This is good but it still means that slightly more than one out of every three people think that this dude is able to lead the nation. But I think that this is one of the few elections where the vice presidential candidate could be among the deciding elements. I mean, who really cared about Dan Quayle? Al Gore? And even Cheney, in 2000? But now we know what Cheney's about and it's scary. He's a quasi-robotic, penguin-esque captain of industry with Tourette's Syndrome. Talk about your living, breathing nightmare. You know, they only think he has all these heart problems. It's actually just the kinks he's had to work out since having his heart surgically removed. It's much easier to be a Republican without one.

What's new with me? Well, I got a raise (hence the BMW talk, I would be able to afford a slightly bigger car payment) and my birthday is less than a month away. I want to go shopping at Cherry Creek and eat at Piatti's. Perhaps this can be my new tradition? But what I really want for my birthday is for my car to sell, a new car to come my way(come on, convertible), and for the polls to be radically drawn leftward. Go Kerry Edwards! The Johns in 2004!!

No comments:

Post a Comment