Tuesday, July 27, 2004

The little-known third category



All in all, I have to say that Al Gore is a surprisingly good sport. And all in all, for a party that is continually attacked for being cynical and critical, what a party that convention was. Everyone seemed very excited and optimistic (well, in a weird way, Carter seemed a bit bitter, but I would be too if all of my Nobel-Prize winning foreign policy was being continually flushed down the crapper by a smirking frat boy who can't pronounce "nuclear").

Damn, Bill Clinton is good. I was discussing with the family a while back about how I can definitely see why women would be attracted to him. He's not really conventionally attractive but he has that fascinating, erudite-Elvis persona that is pretty irresistable. Too bad he had a bit of a resistance problem himself. Oh well. I thought it was funny how the commentators made a big deal of how he and Hillary didn't kiss after she introduced him. So what? They're better as business partners than as a married couple, I think, and I doubt either of them are unaware of that fact.

I don't know what it is about the Republican wives. They are all so Stepford. If I was talking to Glenn Close at a party, I'd ask her if she went more for Mamie or Laura in her portrayal of the queen Stepford wife. I can just imagine her doing her method acting stuff, shadowing Laura Bush, trying to really get into the day-to-day life of the grinning Republican wifebot.

I've got a stack of business briefs to work on, so light blogging today, but finally I'm getting some serious nibbles on the car thing. I am hoping to at least be able to enjoy a convertible during Colorado's Indian Summer days . . . which are again approaching pretty soon.

Until next time . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment