Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Yahoo! Directory: Elvis Presley > Impersonators

Yahoo! Directory: Elvis Presley > Impersonators

Spend the morning in Nebraska, eat an entire bag of Gardetto's mix, and spend your evening working on an story on kid's theatre and you are bound to have weird dreams. In my MSG-induced fever dream, I fell in love with an Elvis impersonator. Just try walking through the rest your day with periodic love scenes between yourself and Elvis (and not young Elvis, damnit!) floating through your head.

It's going to be a long day.

It was a great trip- the holiday was the stuff of Norman Rockwell fantasy (well, on the surface at least. We are a liberal family so we were sprinkling the idyllic scene of filial feasting with epithets against the Chimp in Chief). Perfect food, perfect Iowa weather, good times. I miss the laid-back attitude of the midwest.

The kids theatre thing was fun- a local theatre group is putting on a production of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" and I attended a dress rehearsal last night. So funny- kids at around 8 and 9 are so incredibly perceptive and so manipulative. One 8-year old insisted on a close-up photo and a cutline. I said I'd see what I could do, wondering if she had an agent. I'll be doing a preview story on the show, which is something I've never really done before so I'm hoping for the best.

Anyway- still playing catch-up from for the weekend so blogging will probably be light. Meantime, ponder this:

No Bushie in Iraq this Thanksgiving? How come? Could it be that he's not feeling all that welcome anymore?

2 comments:

  1. Cassandra,

    I saw your comments regarding Colorado bloggers on dailyKOS today and followed you here (...starting to feel a little like a stalker).

    This election got me fired up and I started a blog (...just what the world needs, eh?) to help get people off the fence. As far as I know, it managed to develop at least one vote for Kerry, so not a total exercise in hubris/futility.

    Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I agree with your idea of generating some kind of Colorado-based blogger contact forum and invite you to check out my work at www.ProgressiveDialogue.com (yeah, not nearly as cool as "VestalVespa").

    You've got a nice "voice" in your work; especially liked your piece on watching downtown Longmont early one morning. I wrote for my high-school and college papers and I rather envy your current situation - I'd love to be that young again and working for a newspaper.

    Anyway, I'll watch for you on dailyKos.

    All the best,

    -- Robert Fresch (RobertFresch@ProgressiveDialogue.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you had dreams about elvis because of the cd i gave you. i did put elvis in the tent. your other commenter seems like a nice bloke...

    ReplyDelete