Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Resolution time

Ok, enough whining. This is a new year, with plenty of opportunities to make the world a better place.

So, it's time to really think about the next year and how I will live it.

First of all, I think my first resolution is to be the most responsible consumer I can be. This means a lot of research and a lot of thrift shopping and e-baying but it also means that I'll probably save money. Once you cut sweatshops out of your life, you accumulate less cheap crap.

Second, I will try to think locally more. This next election could prove to be very important, and I think that I will try to live more by the old adage: "All politics are local."

Third: I will not let the bastards get me down. I think I'm suffering from a bit of outrage fatigue. I think that thinking more in terms of local politics may help me with this but moreover, I think I need to start thinking positively. This is not the end of the world. We got through Nixon, hell, we got through Hitler, we can get through this. It is the responsibility of humanity to be more resolute than its leaders when its leaders have their heads up their asses.

Anywho- it's a beautiful snowy day here in CO, one of those where I'd really just rather be at home hibernating with the cat. Thinking positively: soon it will be Spring and I will be on a plane to NYC!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment