Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Arr.

The New York Times > Opinion > Op-Ed Contributor: The Next 9/11 Could Happen at Sea

This is not funny, I keep telling myself. It is not funny.

But I can't stop thinking of like, Pirates of the Carribean pirates.

I would love to be the author of an article that uses the words "pirate-infested waters."

Picture the President addressing the nation after a particularly bad pirate attack.

"They took a large amount of . . . er . . . booty aboard their ship. And their parrots were mean-spirited and vulgar."

Pirates. The concept of clich├ęd pirates never fails to brighten my day.



3 comments:

  1. That was the funniest OpEd piece I've read since, well... probably ever.

    Perhaps this year's Axis of Evil can be Pirates, Buccaneers, and Scurcy Seadogs.

    Cable news networks will begin receiving video messages from the Pirate leaders, demanding we "Avast" or threatening to send America to Davy Jones' Locker...

    This new, pirate-caused 9/11 rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of "Talk Like a Pirate" day, with the immortal pick-up line, "Prepare to be boarded."

    ReplyDelete