Friday, February 04, 2005

Non-political blog, in place of catblogging (batteries for the digital camera cost money)

So.

Last night, I decided it may be a good decision to go out with some friends and bring along my roomie, BFSSG (Best Friend Since Sixth Grade). And as it turns out, it was a good time. We went to a neighborhood pub and had beer and burgers, then off to Larimer Lounge to see the musical stylings of some of my coworkers' bands, Tobias Jupiter and Cowboy Curse.

Missed the first band :( but managed to catch the second band, and I am impressed. But more than that it gave me some time to stop thinking about the crappy things our leaders are doing to the world and just kick back with a PBR in a smoky bar and listen to rock and roll music. In short, it was the first time I've felt 23 in a long time.

Most of the time I feel way too old- it was good to feel young and stupid for a while. As odd as that sounds. Nothing to think about but how cool the music is and how cool I looked (funny, about halfway through that monster glass of PBR, I thought I looked DAMN cool) in my Citizens of Humanity jeans and thrift-shop jacket.

I know the world would go to hell quickly if that's all people did- drink beer and think about looking cool and not pay attention to greater matters at hand. But I also think that sometimes it would go to hell more quickly if we didn't just chuck the outrage and anger occasionally and just think about what's good in the world. Small things like good music and sexy rock stars and cheap beer and a safe place in the city to take it all in.

1 comment:

  1. ah, i too have recently enjoyed the bliss of hanging out in denver listening to bands. i felt more hip and artsy than cool, but largely the same experience. glad you had fun.
    poodle

    ReplyDelete