Monday, February 28, 2005

Oscar Night or Rotarian formal? You decide.

Man, that sucked.

Not even Chris freakin-Rock could perk up that party. Predictable, cloying and dull. I know this is what people have been telling me the Oscars have been for a long time, but for the first time, I was watching and wanting to be watching something else.

I miss the shockers- why don't they invite Cher anymore? No dresses made of American Express cards, no period costumes, just bland bland bland Barbie dresses and not a visible butt crack or nipple in sight. Not that I look for those kinds of things but at least it made it marginally more interesting.

And why oh why did they only book Beyonce for EVERY FREAKING MUSICAL NUMBER, with the exception of a song sung by Antonio Banderas? Budget cuts? Who did her dad pay off? I got so sick of her bizarro eyebrow movements and her butchery of the French language. The girl has a great voice but no soul.

All in all, I wonder if I'll ever watch again . . . I give the academy credit for nominating "Hotel Rwanda" for so many categories but in the end, it was the same old show, no surprises. If Scorsese comes up for another one, I'll watch. If not, I'll rent the films themselves and make my own decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment