Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Good thoughts help

Hello everyone-
I was not going to blog on this because I do try to keep my personal life off of this site as much as possible. I've been steadily moving away from that kind of writing on here since I graduated from college, and like so many college students, realized that the world was much bigger than me and much more interesting.

But this is important and I think it's something that should be shared.

Someone very very close to me was drugged and raped this past weekend. I'm not going to say who, I respect her privacy very much and as much as I love her I know that she would not want to be pitied or anything like that. But all the same I feel that the people who come to read my stuff are generally very kind people who can help generate some very positive energy her way. So please keep her in your thoughts.

And, ladies of the readership, be careful. You never know who you can trust. I never thought this was something that could happen to her. But you never know, so you should always err on the side of caution.

When we were very young I remember defending her and beating up boys who picked on her, but I wasn't there to defend her this time. I'm dealing with a lot of baggage because of that.

Any encouraging words are welcome. This has been a pretty rough time for me and right now I'm just trying really hard to act and feel normal.

5 comments:

  1. You've got at least one aussie down here wishing you some good vibes...

    So good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jesus, that's horrible.

    my very best wishes to both of you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong and stay positive.

    Seek help. It will help you both heal tremendously.


    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you- your words and wishes do help.
    -VV

    ReplyDelete