Monday, April 25, 2005

Bruce Springsteen: Smarter than he looks

So I was watching "Bruce Springsteen Storytellers" Saturday night (it was an off-night, OK?) and while I'm not really a big Bruce fan, I did like what he had to say. It's funny, because he has this growly sort of plumber, mechanic-type voice but he says the most erudite and philosophical things. Like this:


"I believe that whatever divinity we can lay claim to is deep within the core of our humanity."


Whoa.

And then there's Norbizness, who has a collection of "shorters" from Star Wars movies that pretty priceless. A warning- do not consume liquids while reading.
Examples
Luke: I don't understand how we got by those troops. I thought we were dead.
Obi-Wan: The Fox News Channel can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
C-3PO: I beg your pardon General Solo, but that just wouldn't be proper.
Han Solo: Proper?
C-3PO: It's against my programming to impersonate a deity.
Han Solo: Don't make me CTRL-ALT-DEL your ass.


Ah, good stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Came here via Houston who says this, "I don't know her very well, just enough to want to sit next to her at a dinner party."

    No wonder. I join him wishing the same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too kind . . . now I need to hold a dinner party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooce is indeed a bright guy. Good lyricist, too, but he's just too damn bombastic for anyone under 35 to take seriously. I mean, I have the musical taste of a 40 year-old and even I think ol' Brooce has aged poorly.

    Norbizness, on the other hand, transcends age. Jesus, does that guy ever sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I found your blog through Houston, too. Cool!

    ReplyDelete