Friday, April 29, 2005

What I meant to say was "the evil empire."

It had been a long time since I'd laughed out loud (or LOL'd, as those kids say on the Internets) at the local news. But when Adele Arakawa, our local news valkyrie with bad hair and worse eyeshadow, said that Ken Salazar had called Focus on the Family "The Anti-Christ of the World," I scared the cat out of the room.

Now, admittedly, I had recently been thinking man, that Salazar, he is about as useful to Colorado as a plasma-screen TV is to Stevie Wonder.

But then he goes and calls Focus on the Family the Anti-Christ.

I know that later he backpedaled a bit, and I know he explained that he meant that they were "anti-Christian" in their moneygrubbing and judgemental ways. But still, there was that one shining moment where Ken Salazar was just as crazy as all those ideologues on the other side. If nothing else, it was great in sheer comic value.

In other news, last night I couldn't really sleep. Wanna know why? My upstairs neighbors were going at it, and whoever SHE is was producing these vaulting arias of Maria Callas proportions ALL NIGHT LONG. The roomie came home and said she could hear her OUTSIDE the building (and my Colorado readers know that it is blizzarding, so it's not like their windows were open). By round three the cat was staring right at the ceiling, like she was wondering who was getting murdered up there.

Sheesh.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, just wanted to drop you a line and tell you I enjoy this blog. I found it after you posted a comment to Pete Vonder Harr's APM blog.

    Keep up the good writing.

    --Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know it until I was listening to "What do you know with Michael Feldmen" this morning. The guy on the phone knew it, though!

    ReplyDelete