Pete was kind enough to request that I participate in this fun little meme:
List ten songs that you are currently digging ... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.
Here goes . . .
1. Beck- "Go It Alone," with Jack White. I don't care what anyone says, I dig the Stripes, I dig Beck, and together they make the perfect drop-the-top-crank-the-volume song for Summer. By November, I'll probably hate it.
2. The Epoxies- "Need More Time." The Epoxies have this great funky 80s punk rock sound, sort of like if the Clash had a girl on vocals.
3. Elvis Costello- "Good Year for the Roses." This is not his best musically, but the lyrics break your heart.
4. Neko Case- "Thrice All American." It's about the tender feelings of defensiveness she gets when people diss her hometown of Tacoma. I can relate.
5. Von Iva - "Solid Gold." Rockin grrrl band music, lots of fun, great driving music.
6. Arcade Fire- "Rebellion (Lies)." The best song on an otherwise super weird album.
7. Snow Patrol- "Run." Lyrics like a seventh grade love poem, but a really decently orchestrated song.
8. Gershwin- "Rhapsody in Blue." Since I saw "Manhattan," I find myself humming this all the time.
9. The White Stripes- "Blue Orchid." I don't care much for the newest album, but I do dig this song.
10. Fischerspooner vs Billy Squier- "Everybody Wants You To Emerge," a mash-up song of epic proportions. I like to ask people at parties what song they'd strip to- since I've gotten over ACDC's "You Shook Me All Night Long," this has become my choice.
So there ya go- a really random mix of what I'm listening to this summer. I'm supposta pass this on to five others, so I'm calling on Ass, Lizzie, Red Jalepeno, Dex and Bobby to tell me what is going on in their ears these days.