Friday, September 30, 2005

Random 10

(to make up for the downer post this a.m.)


1. The Who, "Baba O'Reilly." Nothing like a primal scream to make the commute a little more bearable.

2. Modest Mouse, "Satin in a Coffin." Nice little Halloweeny tune, with groovy drums.

3. Kings of Leon, "Taper Jean Girl." Once I saw the lyrics for this little ditty, I was ashamed for ever having tried to sing along.

4. White Stripes, "Seven Nation Army." I am having a very drums-heavy moment right now.

5. Tori Amos, "Spark." This was always my favorite Tori song.

6. Modest Mouse, "Black Cadillacs." I, too, am done done done with all the fuck fuck fucking around.

7. Gorillaz, "Kids with Guns." Creepy little song.

8. Thievery Corporation, "Indra." Sexy sexy TC song.

9. Ryan Adams, "New York, New York." This is the big bad brainworm song. Digs in and doesn't let go.

*updated to add forgotten 10th song*

10. Rosebuds, "Boxcar." College radio tune. Very . . . collegiate.

7 comments:

  1. i believe the rosebuds are playing the hi-dive this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No reason, but I've really been digging on Morningwood all day. I've been feeling frivolous and giddy all day. I think my dad slipped me a Zoloft mickey when we had drinks.

    Tomorrow, I blog car pr0n, and I don't even know how to drive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paulo Loves You

    Everyone else thinks your an asshole.

    No wait, that isn't true, but I couldn't let the comments end with that picture of John Oates' younger, sleazier brother up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those modest mouse songs, but I am surprised that any one else can actually bear to listen to them.

    ReplyDelete