Monday, October 03, 2005

Well, you have to admit it is a novel approach

Got a note on my car today. I usually get notes that say "stop dinging your car door into my truck." or "Your lights are on" or something equally negative. You rarely get notes under your windshield wiper that make your day better.

But this is what it said:
"Hello,
As I was leaving yesterday afternoon, I noticed you washing your car and I think you are very pretty. If you don't have a boyfriend, I would like to take you out but if you do have a boyfriend please disregard my note. I am 29 years old, 6'5 and have an athletic build (phonenumber)
Thanks!
"


Huh.

May it also be known that I wasn't doing any kind of Paris Hilton theatrics while washing the car. And I hadn't showered and looked every bit of my three hours of sleep after a Stoli and the Beers concert on Saturday.

Speaking of novel approaches, how about nominating someone as a chief justice who has never presided over a case!

That's the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that makes the Bush administration special.

Of course, when my cat thinks out of the box, the result is much the same. A big shitty mess.

11 comments:

  1. You're unhappy about this? The last thing I got on my windshield was a business card saying, "We clean your house," that subatomically welded to the glass in the rain.

    If this works, let me know and I'll totally consider cruising parking lots with a notepad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 29 years old, 6'5 and my name is Boris Karloff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, not unhappy at all. It made my day. Especially when it turned out to not be a snotty note from a neighbor.

    I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wait for the next sunny day to wash the car, and wait for the glint off the binoculars from the guy in the bushes. It gets me... er... them every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, snap girl! Forget what I said about getting a scooter -- buy a kicky pair of vintage pumps and some cripplingly expensive lipstick. Cha-cha!

    Oh, and I know exactly why Bush nominates people with no experience. You too can find out by subscribing to Freedom Camp Select (tm).

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's ballsy. i wish i had those balls. anywho, it's better than trolling the eschaton comments section, no?

    just beware the big boot....

    ReplyDelete
  7. gatsby, btw, thought out of the box all over the apt this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You didn't watch Cool Hand Luke recently, did you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA! SUCK on it, Lyndie England!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had great ideas like that when I was single. Of course, maybe you just weren't as careful with the water as you thought you were. Fabrics often grow more transparent when wet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My two cents: there's nothing balsy about leaving a note on a car.
    If the guy is truly interested, he would have spoken to you.
    Also, it appears that you are 'pretty' and if you do not have a 'boyfriend', 'athletic build' is interested.

    Does this really need more analysis?

    Good luck, remember to use your brain.

    ReplyDelete