Yep, stuck at work, just me and Pill Popping Mormon Mommy to keep me company. To maintain a nominal level of sanity, I'm listening to Radio 1190 and trying to look on the bright side: at least I'm not at the mall.
So here's what's getting me through the day:
1. Sufjan Stevens, "Chicago." I for one am happy to feel the Illinoise.
2. The Decemberists, "The Engine Driver." Hey, anyone looking for a way to make me happy this Christmas? Buy "Picaresque" for me.
3. Devendra Banhart, "Lazy Butterfly." Kooky Velvety Undergroundy sound.
4. Bloc Party, "Helicopter." I like percussive pop where British guys kind of sing/yell along to the music.
5. Le Tigre, "Deceptacon." I always liked Le Tigre, since they are like the Bangles with a brain.
6. Silver Jews, "How Can I Love You If You Won't Lie Down." Heh. How romantic . . .
7. I Am The World Trade Center, "Great Escape." There's something about these kids . . . I dig the poppy eighties sound.
8. Wovenhand, "Wooden Brother." I'm a sucker for surf guitar.
9. Page France, "Dogs." A sweet indie song that would be on the sequel to the Garden State soundtrack.
10. Pictureplane, "Orange Red Yellow." A Denver electronica artist, kind of our own local Aphex Twin.
Shout out to the little Vespa, who finally got her marching orders from the Peace Corps today and will be heading for Africa in February.