It's the day before Thanksgiving, and sometimes in the mess of mashed potatoes and yams and three bean casserole, we lose the true meaning of the holiday.
You know, how Jesus sat down with the pilgrims and turned one turkey into a multitude . . . no, wait, that's not it.
It's Thanksgiving, a holiday to remember what you are thankful for. This time last year, I had a hell of a time coming up with anything worth celebrating. But this year is shaping up to be a much more generous one. So here's what I have to be grateful about this holiday:
1. Patrick Fitzgerald. Sexy, sexy Patrick Fitzgerald.
2. I am thankful for 60 degree temps in Colorado in November. Hey, no rule says you can't enjoy global warming, right?
3. Jon Stewart, who dressed down bowtie-wearing buffoon Tucker Carlson in grand style on Crossfire.
4. I am thankful for the movie Anchorman. It has brought light into my life.
5. Rep. John Murtha. It's about freakin' time the Democrats grew a spine and demanded an end to the war.
6. I am thankful for the growing numbers of people who refuse to approve of the job Bush is doing.
7. Amy Goodman.
8. My bloggy friends Dex, Norbizness, Gavin, Pete, NTodd and teh l4m3 for continuing to fight the good fight (or at least continuing to make light of the situation).
9. I'm thankful for the Lawyer . . .
10. I'm thankful for friends, family . . . and the light at the end of the tunnel. Last year, I couldn't see it. It seemed a long way off. But it's coming now, I can see it . . .