Friday, December 23, 2005

The game of seven

Since Rorschach over at No Capital was kind enough to pass this li'l item on, I feel obligated to continue the cycle. Well, that and I am really narcissistic and I like talking about myself. Hah.

Seven Things To Do Before I Die

1. Get published in a real magazine.
2. Travel to the Middle East.
3. Visit the nation's capitol.
4. See the Great Barrier Reef.
5. Kiss someone atop the Eiffel Tower.
6. Accomplish something in the way of activism that I can point to and say, "the world is better now because I did that."
7. Get my sister out of her 20s in one piece.

Seven Things I Cannot Do

1. Sing. In public.
2. Sit through a slasher film (Scream, Scary Movie, etc.)
3. Eat brussels sprouts.
4. Understand staunch anti-immigration bigots.
5. Walk long distances in flat shoes.
6. Stop wanting to learn.
7. Get organized to the point that I'd like to be.

Seven Things That Attract Me to...Blogging

1. My constant need for positive feedback.
2. The almost instinctive need to write about stuff that gets me fired up.
3. I've been on the internet in one way or another since age 12, it just seemed like the thing to do.
4. Being part of an underground of skeptics, malcontents and freak-flag wavers. Vive la revolution!
5. The sheer, mind-bending boredom of downtime at work.
6. The superstars of blogging that keep me sane, informed and happy.
7. The incredible humanity that manages to shine through a system of networks, servers, wires and data.


Seven Things I Say Most Often

1. Whatever.
2. You have GOT to be fucking kidding me.
3. The thing IS . . .
4. I need a drink.
5. There are a lot of stupid people in the world.
6. I love livin in the city!
7. Why?

Seven Books That I Love

1. Alfredo Vea, "La Maravilla."
2. Daniel DaFoe, "Moll Flanders."
3. JD Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye."
4. Collette, "Le Pur et L'impur" (I read this baby en francais, baby!).
5. Camus, "L'Etranger," also in French
6. John Krakauer, "Under the Banner of Heaven" (Quite the eye opener, that).
7. David Sedaris, "Me Talk Pretty One Day".

Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again

1. Amelie.
2. Raising Arizona.
3. Niagara (with Marilyn Monroe in full cinemascopic glory).
4. The Princess Bride.
5. MST3K: "parts, the clonus horror."
6. SLC Punk.
7. Pulp Fiction.

Seven People I Want To Join In Too

1. AAaaaaaaaaaaaalisoon . . .
2. Andrewohwilleke.
3. Dex.
4. teh l4m3.
5. Little Vespa.
6. Underwhelm.
7. Mustang Bobby.

OK, that is all- I'm out till Tuesday.

11 comments:

  1. Seven Things To Do Before I Die

    1. fall in love again.
    2. get a real fucking job.
    3. new york, new york.
    4. london.
    5. direct a film.
    6. grow my own vegetables in the city.
    7. develop an awesome jump shot.

    Seven Things I Cannot Do

    1. throw a football.
    2. blockbuster video.
    3. needles.
    4. lines.
    5. date sane, happy women who are certain about themselves and their sexual orientation.
    6. fox news.
    7. get a real fucking job.

    Seven Things That Attract Me to...Blogging

    1. bitches n hoes.
    2. self-aggrandizement.
    3. making new friends.
    4. i dig on that whole jeffersonian cyber pamphleteer thing.
    5. the opportunity to engage my fellow americans in a way that might change a mind or offer a different perspective.
    6. i gotta do something with all this trivia.
    7. the idea that somehow, someway, thomas friedman will know..and suffer!


    Seven Things I Say Most Often

    1. fuck.
    2. that/you dumb fuck.
    3. well, then you'd be wrong.
    4. yeah?
    5. something something blah, baby!
    6. i dig it.
    7. i feel that.

    Seven Books That I Love

    1. american psycho
    2. fear and loathing in las vegas
    3. infinite jest
    4. trainspotting
    5. dance dance dance
    6. on the road
    7. women

    Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again

    1. eyes wide shut
    2. apocalypse now
    3. blue velvet
    4. dawn of the dead
    5. pulp fiction
    6. chungking express
    7. ed wood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight on Biography...

    I'll sit down with this after my Excellent Adventure to St. Paul. Thanks for the winter break task. I had run out of laundry and was going to have to start ironing or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seven Things To Do Before I Die

    1. Get published in a real magazine.

    Probably the only one for me.

    2. Travel to the Middle East.

    Had friends who traveled/lived there, including a drive from Turkey to Baghdad (said it was real scary crossing the checkpoints and that was in the '60s). Did the riverboat trip down to Nile through the Sud and into the heart of Africa too. Amazing tales. Referred to Beruit as the Paris of the M.E. during the '60s, everything was there, from the East and the West.

    The most I can say is I relived those experiences, as shared, vicariously and fully.

    3. Visit the nation's capitol.

    Closest I came was Boston, via Hyannis and Nantucket. It's never too late though.

    4. See the Great Barrier Reef.

    Another vicarious experience, as told at length by my vet.

    5. Kiss someone atop the Eiffel Tower.

    Hopelessly romantic.

    A former lover once offered her second story Champs de Versailles apartment just down the block for the tower "rent free" as she was involved elsewher. Ya never know, it can happen.

    6. Accomplish something in the way of activism that I can point to and say, "the world is better now because I did that."

    This one is easy assuming you're willing to settle for something less than world peace or a cure for cancer. You could probably bundle too. Do a stint in the Peace Corp, then hit the M.E. on your way to a rendezvous in Paris.

    7. Get my sister out of her 20s in one piece.

    You may need luck with this one.

    Hope you don't mind my posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed this on the first go round.

    Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again

    1. eyes wide shut

    You're kidding right? I've thought about a second look just because of who made it, but then I said the same about Barry Lyndon and never got around to it.

    My fave for this catagory: Oscar and Lucinda.

    2. apocalypse now

    Director's cut didn't play as well as I'd hoped. Knew people involved with the production, even talked with Francis a few times. (Never got invited to one of those famous Napa vineyard parties though.)

    3. blue velvet

    AKA, the resurrection of Dennis Hopper.

    4. dawn of the dead

    Russ Meyer does horror. I prefer Cronenberg.

    5. pulp fiction

    Not my fave of his (ResDog), but a cult classic.

    6. chungking express

    Lost me here. Yimou Zhang is my guy.

    7. ed wood

    Depp was astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now I am confused. I thought the list I posted to was yours. Oh well, no matter. I prefer the second list.

    I'm adding Swinton and The Deep End as my choice over Blue Velvet.

    1. Amelie.

    Preferred A Very Long Engagement, except for Jodie Foster's cameo.

    Fine

    ReplyDelete
  6. kiss me on the tower vespa. kiss me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Xmas, lemondrop...And goddamn you for tagging me!!! I will not get to it til tomorrow (if you're lucky!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seven Things To Do Before I Die

    1. Fly in space.
    2. See one of my plays produced on Broadway.
    3. Win the Pulitzer Prize for drama.
    4. Finish the restoration of my Pontiac station wagon
    5. Learn to play my piano well enough to do it in front of other people.
    6. Stand on top of Longs Peak again.
    7. Fly to Europe and back in first class.

    Seven Things I Cannot Do

    1. Whistle through my teeth.
    2. Take anything too seriously.
    3. Spend another winter in snow.
    4. Act my age.
    5. Not keep the house clean.
    6. Not blog for a day.
    7. Play Surfin' USA at anything other than full blast with the top down.

    Seven Things That Attract Me to...Blogging

    1. It's free.
    2. I'm witty and the world needs to know it.
    3. It's a great way to meet cute guys. (That's what it said on the matchbook...)
    4. I was jealous of NTodd's fame and fortune.
    5. It's keeps me out of the Gay.com chatroom.
    6. People I've never met quote me.
    7. It beats drinking.

    Seven Things I Say Most Often

    1. "Try to imagine within your wildest dreams how much I care."
    2. "Cheese and rice!"
    3. "The instrument has yet to be invented that can measure my indifference to that."
    4. "________ is too dumb to play dead in a cowboy movie."
    5. "Well, this is turning into a complete crapfest!"
    6. "San frijoles."
    7. "I'm sorry, but do I know what you're talking about?"

    Seven Books That I Love

    1. Swallows and Amazons series, Arthur Ransome
    2. The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
    3. Fifth of July, Lanford Wilson
    4. Spirit of St. Louis, Charles A. Lindbergh
    5. Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling
    6. Smash, Garson Kanin
    7. Bobby Cramer

    Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again

    1. Casablanca
    2. The Great Escape
    3. Dave
    4. The Lord of the Rings
    5. Star Wars Episode IV (the first one from 1977)
    6. Lawrence of Arabia
    7. My Cousin Vinny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you a fan of FEAR? 'I love lving in the city' as a decent standby of punk. Not that I am or was punk, I snagged a copy of Stagediving to the Oldies several years ago and listen to it for antiestablishment inspriation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you a fan of FEAR? 'I love lving in the city' as a decent standby of punk. Not that I am or was punk, I snagged a copy of Stagediving to the Oldies several years ago and listen to it for antiestablishment inspriation.

    Are they still together? What, Lea Ving must be 55 by now. Had a great stage show back in the early '80s. What could beat spitting into the audience and having them applause?

    ReplyDelete