Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday Meme/List two-fer

Phila, our very favorite Nudibranch Blogger tagged me for this meme, which is a fun little exercise in nonsequitir:
1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Post the fifth sentence (or closest to it).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same thing.


Now, my 23rd post was a long long time ago (I can still remember how the music used to make me smile . . . now try getting that out of your head all day! Ha!). I started VV up back in 2003 when I had a really boring job with lots of downtime, and it didn't really get political in any meaningful way (if you can call anything I blog about meaningful) until 2004 or so. Nevertheless, the 23rd post's fifth sentances is this:

On the one hand, I feel that I am really getting along well with the people I work with, that we are all quirky and weird but hardworking individuals.


This is from back when the site functioned mainly as a place for me to vent about life after graduation, the travails of a girl making sense of the hoary and uncharted landscape of the so-called "real world."

This reminds me that Vestal Vespa will be celebrating its third anniversary in May. Weird. Three years is a long time for any relationship, but on the Web it's a geological eon.

When I look back at old posts, I realize how much living and learning I've done in those three years . . . growing from a fresh-faced graduate to a somewhat jaded, cynical 20something with a political axe to grind. It is an interesting study in personal growth, to say the least.

So here's who gets to do this next:

1: Blog brother/MST3K buddy Dex
2: Little Vespa
3: Allison, our buddy out in KC
4: Blog brother/small sum sugar daddy NTodd
5: Mustang Bobby

None of you have any obligation to reciprocate . . . I'm just following the rules.

And now, a short list:

THINGS YOU MAKE ME FEEL, ACCORDING TO SONG TITLES:

Like a natural woman
Like dancing
So young
Brand new
Everything
Mighty real
Like a whore
So Free

No comments:

Post a Comment