Monday, February 06, 2006

And we return to Vestal Vespa, already in progress.

Ah, what a wonderful and fleeting thing a week off can be. But I'm back now- rested, ready and proofing myself blind at my new place of employment. While it is much quieter than a newsroom and much brighter, thanks to the fact that it is housed in a turn-of-the century building complete with eight-foot windows, I am so far enjoying my new job. Which is, specifically, being anal retentive about punctuation, grammar and spelling.

Add to that the fact that I'm being paid better, my commute was 15 minutes this morning and I get to use a new iMac, and you could say I'm a pretty happy camper.

It will be a while before I have time to recollect my political thoughts and get some of the old Vespa rantiness back again, but in the meantime I thought I'd touch base and let you all know that I'm still alive here in the city.

Until next time . . .


And a shout out to my friend Michelle, who reaches the big quarter-century mark today. We've been buds since seventh grade and it's been a good ride . . .

1 comment:

  1. Oi, VV! Welcome back. Your week-off was starting to make me think that you were following my posting philosophy for a while. But while you're here, I just have to ask...

    Going to free up next Saturday night for the blogger bash?

    ReplyDelete