Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday Random Ten: Actual random edition

Oh, how I love you, iTunes. Never leave me . . .

For the first time ever, this is an actual random Random 10, randomized by iTunes for your enjoyment . . .

1. "Like Dylan in the Movies," Belle and Sebastian. Hm. Not my favorite. But not bad.
2. "Mexican Wine," Tarantella. My favorite Tarantella song. Neat.
3. "Esqueletos," Tarantella. Two Tarantellas in a row? Think of the odds!
4. "Dame Fuego," Tarantella. Uh . . . OK. I like Tarantella and all, but . . .
5. "Dig Your Grave," Modest Mouse. I like this song . . . a nice break from the Tarantella three-fer.
6. "DARE," Gorillaz. I love this album. I used to listen to it every Friday on the way to work.
7. "Good Year for the Roses," Elvis Costello. I think this one has been on my random 10 before . . . seems that I am at LEAST as random as Apple thinks it can be.
8. "Of Angels adn Angles." Ah. A lovely little song from this weird little band.
9. "Sacre Francais," Dimitri From Paris. C'est magnifique!
10. "The Way That I Found You," Ladytron. Since I learned about Ladytron, I can't really seem to get enough.

1 comment:

  1. Well, how about a Saturday list?

    1. ZZ Top - Le Grange. Frank Black Is God! There needs to be anything said other than that? Best when played while breaking free of traffic on the interstate.

    2. Oingo Boingo - - No One Lives Forever. And Danny Elfman is Satan. Trust me. He has my soul. I gave it to him after Boingo came out with "We Close Our Eyes".

    3. State Of The Union - Romancing The Stone (Piano Version). Dark. Gothic. Depressing. And a hell of a beat.

    4. Enya - On My Way Home. A nice soothing song, particularly good for the end of a midnight walk... Waidaminnit. What the heck is this doing here! I just woke up, dammit.

    5. Seabound - Hooked (Radical Mix Alternative Vocal Edit). Trust me. You don't know this one. Kicks some major league assets, though. And should be a staple of any industrial playlist. This one is on my Drive list.

    6. Wolfsheim - Once In A Lifetime. A vast majority of the Klub Kids have heard this song, but have no idea that it's done by two German gothic guys. If they did, the number of folks saying "Dude, goth can be cool, I guess" would go up exponentially.

    7. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Someday I Suppose. Give your soul to goth and your heart to ska. Particularly good for pressing the accelerator down through the floor while driving a long and empty road. And the second entry from my Open Road Songs playlist

    8. Apoptygma Berzerk - KS (Beborn Beton Remix). It's not just in the Official Off Colfax Saturday Random Ten. This song is in the official All-Time Off Colfax Top Ten. Trust me.

    9. Loreena McKennitt - Marrakesh Night Market. The second song from my Depression & Despair playlist. Great soundscaping in this one. Again, not one I usually listen to during daylight.

    10. Dead Milkmen - Instant Club Hit. Yes, it's true. The Klub Kids will dance to just about anything. And this song proves it. This one is the only entry from my Nerdcore list, and probably the worst one. Wish it could've been Istanbul (Not Constantinople).

    ReplyDelete