Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tuesday list: Too Busy To Make My Own edition

But all the same, enjoy a few gems from McSweeney's:


Nonviolent Westerns.

BY THEODORE KOUTZ

- - - -

A Fist Full of Arthritis

High Plains Skee-Ball

The Metaphorical Gunfighter

The Aggressive Panhandler of Malt Liquor Junction

A Man Called My Little Pony

The Affordable Tract Housing of Sheetrock Flats

El Doritos



Activities That Might Prove More Practical Than Cleaning My Gas Mask Once a Month as the Army Suggests.

BY JOHN MCRAE

- - - -

Welding additional armor plating to the underside of my Humvee

Registering to absentee vote in the event that my tour gets extended

Writing my increasingly distraught mother a letter

Disassembling and cleaning my "freedom stick" (a.k.a. M4 carbine)

Checking out Fox News in an effort to truly grasp how and why things are going so awesome-tastic

Putting on a fresh pot of coffee

Unlikely
World War II
Fighter Squadron
Names.

BY KEN FEINLEIB

- - - -

The Topless 41st

The Morally Suasible 8th

22nd Airborne & Glee Club

The Vaguely Semitic-Looking 93rd

Oh, What a Beautiful 61st

The Fightin' Sea Anemone

The Astigmatic 19th

The Married 84th

The Generous to a Fault 23rd

Rudy Vallee Fans for Liberty

1 comment: