Even if you are one of the 30 percent who think that the US is going in the "right direction" with Bush's policies, even if you are one of those beady-eyed, snake-handling inbred freakshows who voted for him not once but *twice* because you thought he'd make ours a more moral world, even if you are an eleventy-billionaire enjoying lower taxes than ever before, how could you look at this and this and this and really think that your hero is doing a *good* job? I really want to know. I want to know what kind of cognitive dissonance makes you look at these things and feel at all safer, at all more secure, at all more hopeful for the future? I'm just wondering. As someone who now works in advertising, I want to know what I can do for my clients that makes such an absolutely dangerous, deadly product sound so very yummy to you.
OK, on to the music. Music will be my serenity, for now.
1. A Century of Elvis, Belle and Sebastian
2. Outsiders, Franz Ferdinand
3. Wandering Star, Portishead
4. Ocean Breaths Salty, Modest Mouse
5. Whip the Blankets, Neko Case
6. School Spirit Skit 2, Kanye West
7. In This Home On Ice, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
8. Next Exit, Interpol
9. Approaching Pavonis Mons By Balloon (Utopia Planitia), The Flaming Lips
10. Dirty Little Girl, Elton John
Wow. Scottish pop, trip hop, alt country, classic brit rock and cerebral rap. Is that eclectic or just plain crazy?