Monday, April 17, 2006

I see dead people

So this weekend, la familia vespa took my mom to Gunter Von Hagens' Bodyworlds Two exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. I took along the boyfriend (we all get along famously) and went to behold the wonders of the human body, preserved in silicone. It was mama vespa's B-day and she wanted to see the dead people.

It was really fascinating, though really difficult to reconcile the idea that the people on display were once among the living. The thing that kind of crystallized it for me was a tattoo on one guy's wrist. Spooky.

Other than that, an Easter weekend spent in true Agnostic style, sleeping in, no church, running errands, enjoying the sunshine. Went up to chez Dex to partake in some HBO (Big Love, my new favorite Mormon soap opera) and stayed for the new Doctor Who. I'm intrigued.

In other news, it's gonna be a short blogging week, as I'll probably refrain from posting whilst in San Francisco. By this time on Thursday I will have downed my first in-flight cocktail and be high above the Colorado Rockies on my way West.

So for now, this is about alls I got . . . plus a new Soapblox post on how Wayne "My Face Is Made Of Pretzel Dough And Ignorance" Allard was recently voted among America's five worst senators. Go Colorado!

2 comments:

  1. and just like teh gayz, whovians recruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad is it that we have Allard and Salazar for Colorado. One utterly awful and the other only good in comparison. Sometimes I feel like we got stuck with Joementum-lite in ol' Kenny, though I voted for the bugger.

    Between Allard and Tancredo, Colorado is the new Kansas.

    ReplyDelete