Thursday, April 20, 2006

I'm famous on the Internets.

Last night was the very crowded, very lively Drinking Liberally with our very special guest, Markos Mouslitas of DailyKos:



Had to get a pic. He's so tiny!

It was gratifying that he recognized my blog name and that I was able to meet so many Colorado bloggers that I'd known by name only. A great time, and it made me glad to be a part of something so much bigger than me. This is what the Internet is, at its best, I think. A way to create real community through virtual connections.

My flight leaves in three hours, folks, so I'm out till Tuesday. So talk amongst yourselves, rabblerousers.

5 comments:

  1. There's only one thing to do in response to such a fortutious meeting: start your own diary-based community with a bunch of nattering weirdoes. Wait a minute...

    Have fun! Send Rice-a-Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one of you!

    Blogger won't let me comment with html, but it is here:

    http://static.flickr.com/45/131744329_d2e336880b.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you on your way to San Francisco without my phone number? Give me a call if you get a chance: four-1-5, six-three-7, eight-seven, 3-7. I'll buy you a drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Dem blogger who lives in Denver, attended DL with Markos, and works in advertising? It's like I'm looking at myself. Except I know how McClain did at the Art Director's Club judging this weekend and you don't. Pleased to meet you.

    ReplyDelete