Monday, May 15, 2006

Momma Vespa



My mom.

My mom is foxy. She just turned 47 and I think she still looks pretty rockin. But she's also taken- she and my dad have been married for 27 years this June. They met when they were 16 and were married at 20. My mom was a mother of two by the time she was my age. Somehow it works.

She's a real live coal-miner's daughter. She is an obsessive recycler and is thinking of volunteering for Planned Parenthood now that little Vespa and I are out of the nest.

So I have my mom to thank for all my smartassery, all my snarkiness, and a lot of my politics. If I were really to rebel as a teenager I would have had to join the megachurch and start dating a youth leader for Right to Life. She's my shoulder to cry on, she's my sounding board, my inspiration, my strength. Which is not to say we don't have our moments of mom/daughter tension, but for the most part they're pretty short lived and we're back to making fun of bad movies or philosophizing on life and love before too long.

So thanks, Mom. For all you do . . .

5 comments:

  1. She' teh hotness!

    Doin' damage in a Stones' shirt as well.
    -Mr.M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I read you a lot. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom: hubba-hubba
    My mom: heebie-jeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does she know all the words to "Rated X"?

    ReplyDelete