Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bruises to the ego . . .

Totally failed my motorcycle test today. Shame. I aced the written portion and actually did really well yesterday and during practice today, but ate it right when it counted.

Bummer.

I'm OK, not hurt at all, just embarassed. Looks like I'll have to do some more practice on the Bajaj before I'm street legal.

In other news, went to the Everything Absent or Distorted show last night. Beautiful, beautiful. The CD is out July 7, the party is Aug. 12 at the Hi-Dive. That is one day after my 25th B-day, so be there. For the music, for what will undoubtedly be a beautiful August evening, and for me, the birthday girl.

Maybe by then I'll have a licensed, insured scooter that I can actually ride without being a danger to myself and others.

3 comments:

  1. free tips today only:
    Actaully I'm not sure if it's still the same, but back in Illinois at least 10 years ago if you took the motorcycle training class you could take the test with them. Turns out the DMV test is kinda picky about making tight turns and stops which can be tough if you're not used to the cycle. It might take longer to get into and take the class, but maybe that fits with the next time you were going back to the DMV anyway. Even though you're going to only ride a scooter, the class is good training anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I failed my first motocycle test because I forgot to show up!!

    So you are doing better than I did.

    Thinking of you, hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY VV!

    I was just asking about ya over at Escahton. When "duh!", I said, "the lady has a blog why not just go over there and ask her yourself."

    Sorry to hear about the cycle test, but I am glad that you seem to be doing fine.

    If ya need anything drop me a line through my blog.

    ReplyDelete