Friday, June 16, 2006

Mandatory Vacation

You know, it's almost weird how *not* freaked out I am right now.

So far, unemployment has been kind of relaxing. I really went nuts yesterday and went out to the department of labor unemployment center (depressing) and to the temp agency (they make you take really silly tests). And other than that, I've been going out to Gabor's and sleeping in till like, 8 a.m. each morning. I've gotten so much done, actually.

I've got some bills due at the end of the month, but hey. The severance check is there for that. I haven't had to drive to LoDo in days, I haven't had to suffer downtown parking, I haven't had to deal with the chick at work who liked to *sing* parts of sentances.

I already have a very promising prospect out in Golden through the temp agency, so that's good. I'm really not all that worried. And if all else fails, I'm working on applications for grad school, so I can just run away and do that if I just can't find anything here.

But thanks to all of you who have sent along good wishes and are keeping their eyes out for work for me. It is much appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Hey VV - sorry to hear about the sudden joblessness. However, the fact that you're doing OK is great (& probably means that the job wasn't for you anyway :D ) Good luck with whatever you choose in the next few days, weeks, or months...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I personally was sad to see you go...but glad to know you're not freaked out. I think it is more freaky to have to listen to those three girls singing parts of random sentances all the time, but that's just me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vestal – take this time and enjoy it. I had a six month jobless period after a layoff and I absolutely loved it. At the end of that time I was healthy and happy and ready to ‘jump back in’ the working world.
    I spent hardly any money at all, ate super healthy and rode about 50 miles a day on a fixed gear. My mind was free.

    The one thing that I learned was that you and you alone have the wheel and it’s up to you to do what you need to do to make yourself happy.

    You are young and free – take life by the horns!

    ReplyDelete